Wednesday, December 15, 2010

Once Upon a Time with Nokia 3310


*pic from Google images

This model from Nokia is considered ancient now with the ever growing handphone and now smartphone industry. However it is particularly nostalgic to me.

I had a Nokia 3310 as my second phone back then in 2001-2002, given to me by my dear brother. I'd never mentioned this to him but I was soooo grateful and touched by his action of giving up this phone to me. Before it all happened, I had actually walking past handphone stores and gawking+admiring the 3310 which at that time was among the hottest device-to-have from Nokia. To my surprise my brother actually went and bought one and brought it home. Being the excited and curious teenager that I was at that time, of course I can't stop myself from fiddling and exploring through the phone, heheh. Perhaps he saw it right through me and nonchalantly offered me the device although I wasn't even asking, and I think he'd only used it for less than a month, or was it only a week?Heck..I didn't remember, but it was new, and he then settled down with his old phone while I enjoyed the 3310. Thanks a lot bro for your selflessness..hehe :)

The 3310 work fine for years and until last year(2009) it's still be used in my family although we have moved on to newer model phones, we only changed the battery. However perhaps due to old age, its' performance deteriorated and sadly we had to put it to rest inside the drawer and it's still there today. It was a very good phone during its' service and among the good ones in its' batch of phones(a sturdy-built one too! I can't remember how many times I'd dropped down the 3310 and made the parts disassembled by themselves - and the phone would still work fine), but hey machines have a life cycle too... :)

2 comments:

  1. Banyak nostalgianye tepon lama ni..A lot of colourful memory...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha memang colorful..dah la mase tu sim card mahal sms mahal..duit plk parents yg bagi hoho

    ReplyDelete